Total Pageviews

Monday, November 17, 2008

Economy

Economy
I know that far too many people are suffering from the economy...or are afraid that they soon might be. I've decided to cut back on my holiday spending and because of gas prices I've certainly cut back on my driving, but I was wondering if you've found yourself cutting back on buying books?
There's one theory that says people are more likely to buy books than spend money on going out to eat or to a movie, sometime even in preference of an expensive vacation. I just wondered what you all thought.
Is this economy hurting books?
Hope all is well,
Alex

4 comments:

arwen_adora said...

I think if someone wants something enough...they'll get it! lol
I know it's generally never stopped me!
Whether that's a good thing or not, is another thing! lol
I think when DECLINED comes up...that kinda straightens ppl out! lol
I forget who said it but it's something like...
"Art is the first thing to suffer when budget is considered."

Alexandra Ivy said...

Oy, so true

arwen_adora said...

Having said that...I just splurged and bought Twilight (my friend was so kind and had given me New Moon before) - and I might just 'have' to give in and get the other 2 books...
so good! *hangs head in shame*
I am an edward-file now...
he "sparkles"!!! (don't worry my heart still belongs to viper haha)!
What books are you reading Alex?
Has the Twilight bug bitten you?

Alexandra Ivy said...

I've just finished with Twilight...loved it! I'm going to the movie on Tuesday :)